SPECIFIC ELEMENTSEach EOD Film must include specific elements to ensure that all films were produced during the 30-day allotted film challenge period. The elements will be revealed to the team leader in an email at the start of the competition. These elements are detailed below.
CHARACTER NAME -The characters name must be spoken, written, or displayed in the move. Text or subtitles do not count.
SPECIFIC ACTION - The Specific Action is an action that any character must do, anytime during the film.
A SPECIFIC PROP - The prop doesn’t have to be used throughout the entire film, but must be shown at least once during the film.
SPECIFIC LINE OF DIALOGUE - The line must be spoken verbatim and can be spoken, written, or displayed in the movie. Text or subtitles do not count.
END OF DAYS THEME - Each film will receive one of four themes to write their movie around. The film can be any genre (Comedy, Action, Horror, Sci-Fi, Drama, etc.).
1. Ghost / Supernatural
2. Alien / Extraterrestrial
3. Zombie / Virus
4. Cosmic / Asteroid
Format and Length Requirements
- The finished short film must have a runtime greater than 4 minutes, but less than 7 minutes — excluding credits.
- Credits at the end of each film are limited to a maximum of 60 seconds. The 60 seconds is NOT considered part of the length of the film.
Example: a film may be 7 minutes long, including up to 60 seconds of credits, for a total running time of 8 minutes.
- The finished film/video must be submitted in NTSC. Your film must be submitted in the following format: a self-contained, NTSC, Full HD (1920×1080p) 16:9 aspect ratio, Quicktime file (.mov) OR MPEG-4 file (.mp4) in H.264 compression.
- Before the finished film begins, it should have:
- Black Matte (2 seconds)
- Title card with: the Films Title, Team Name, and EOD statement "This film was made for the End of Days Weekend Film Challenge" (4 Seconds)
- Black Matte (2 seconds)
- Your Film
*The EOD banners, title cards, and black frames DO NOT COUNT towards your films final time limit.
Uploading your Film
1. Any file sharing program may be used to upload and share your film with the EOD staff.
2. A link to download your film must be emailed to email@example.com before the competition end date.
3. Include the following information in the email:
Email Subject: Team Name, Film Name
Team Leader Name
Link to Movie
The End of Days Film Challenge does NOT require any Production Documents. We strongly suggest you sign contracts with your cast, crew, locations, etc. But we do not require that you turn any documents into us.